It's not that easy in a traditional company to do something new, as deliver new products, new customer segments or sell in new ways.
So what happens if you act as as a startup instead of a traditional company. Quite a different approach to this problem I would say.
We start with short list of basic steps
- Identify customer need
- Make a high level business model
- Make a rough design of the solution
- Develop a minimum viable software product
- Beta test with customers from segment
- Iterate development, until good enough
- Setup a new company
- Product launch for paying customers
- Iterate product to be better and better
How much effort is needed for this approach compared to a normal waterfall process and decisions in investment boards? Let us see how long time it will take by doing an experiment.
We have already started with the first one, Identify customer need and we will post new messages about progress along the way. The links on this page will be updated accordingly.